Formed in 1985, the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association (LCAA) is an alumni organization for the graduates of the Leadership Charlottesville program. LCAA is dedicated to continuing the networking, learning, and community activities stimulated by its members’ participation in the Chamber program. There are over 1000 graduates of Leadership Charlottesville, representing all facets of the community, with members from the public sector, private businesses of all sizes, and the non-profit sector. All alumni completed the Leadership Charlottesville program offered from September to April by the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce.
SAVE THE DATES!
February 7, 2018: LCAA-LC Lunch at Michie Tavern, 12pm. Speaker Toan Nguyen, LC2011, owner of Cville Coffee and co-founder of Community Investment Collaborative.A big thank you to all the Alumni who came out to support this event. More than 70 people were in attendance to enjoy good food, good fellowship and good friendships. May 2, 3-5, Draft Taproom: LC Class of 2018 Graduation Celebration August 22 2018, Better Living, Inc.: Welcome Reception for LC Class of 2019 at Chamber Let’s Connect.
- November 27, 2018: Day of Giving with Salvation Army, Blue Ridge Area Food Bank and Meals on Wheels
- January 31, 2019: LCAA Membership Breakfast
Specifically, the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association strives to:
- Support the Leadership Charlottesville program of the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce by:
- Providing scholarships to Leadership Charlottesville participants
- Hosting a welcome reception for the new class at the start of the program
- Serving as advisors, planners and presenters for the weekly sessions held each fall
- Provide networking opportunities for graduates of the program to maintain and enhance their relationships with each other and the community by:
- Hosting Socials
- Hosting Educational Sessions
- Attending Chamber Events
- Promote awareness of and participation in community organizations.
- Click here to see the LCAA bylaws
You can support LCAA by:
- Making a monthly or annual contribution or paying annual dues for scholarships and events
- Serving on the LCAA Advisory Council
- Assisting on an LC fall planning session committee
- Keeping your contact information updated with the Chamber LCAA liaison
- Attending LCAA-hosted events. Bring your classmates!
- Including Leadership Charlottesvilleon your resume or business bio
Your contributions make it possible for us to continue providing scholarships to Leadership Charlottesville applicants representing a nonprofit and woman- and minority-owned businesses. This summer LCAA awarded $3200 in scholarships to nine members of the Class of 2019. Dues also help to cover expenses related to the membership breakfast planned for January 2019.
$25 or $40 (your choice) dues can be sent via check to Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, 209 5th Street NE, Charlottesville, VA 22902. Please put LCAA on the memo line.
LCAA Board of Directors:
- Bill Brent, co-chair
- Allison Farole
- David Foky
- Melissa “Melly” Neff
- Carolyn Saint, chair
- Sara Simoneau
- Shellie Taylor
- Kim Washington
- Tara Wisniewski
Chamber Liaison: Andrea Copeland-Whitsett