The Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Women’s Round Table (BWRT) was founded in 2004 to offer professional women in our region opportunities for networking and professional development in a welcoming and collegial environment.
Under the auspices of the Chamber of Commerce, the BWRT hosts monthly brown-bag lunch meetings, open to all Chamber members, on the third Thursday of every month.
Each of our monthly meetings features a guest speaker who presents our group with topics on Life, Money, Health and Career. Click here to find the application to speak at one our monthly meetings.
In addition to a sponsor, each BWRT meeting features a Chamber Member Nonprofit. A representative from the nonprofit is given 3 minutes to speak about their organization and is welcome to distribute materials on tables and chairs for our attendees. For more information on becoming a “Featured Chamber Nonprofit” at one of our meetings, contact BWRT Chair, Jessica Tiller, firstname.lastname@example.org
BWRT members represent many diverse fields and professions, including large and small businesses, non-profits, real estate, banking, education, and many more. Ultimately, what binds our group together is the idea that camaraderie and professionalism can be mutually sustaining goals.
2018 Meeting Schedule
***Please note: The location of these meetings has changed! January through May, the BWRT meetings will be held 12:30pm-2:00pm at the Brooks Family YMCA on McIntire Park Dr. However, June to December meeting locations are to be determined***
- January 18
- February 28 – 2018 Quadruplicity
- March 15
- April 19
- May 17
- June 21
- July 19
- August 16
- September 20
- October 18
- November 15
- December Holiday Social: Date and Location TBD
2018 Chamber BWRT Executive Committee
- Virginia Newton, 2018 Chair; AAA Mid-Atlantic: VNewton@aaamidatlantic.com
- Ashley Cherrix, Social Chair; Ishan Gala Foundation: email@example.com
- Susanna Blauch, Speaker Chair; American Cancer Society: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maribel Street, Community Outreach Chair; Cville-UVA-Albemarle Emergency Mgmt: email@example.com
- Roxanne Carter-Johnston, Marketing Chair, Realtor, roxanne@
- Ashwati Nayar, BWRT Ambassador; Aloha Math, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shannon Myers, BWRT Ambassador; Audacia Enterprises, email@example.com
Chamber: Andrea Copeland-Whitsett, 434.295.3078