The Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Women’s Round Table (BWRT) was founded in 2004 to offer professional women in our region opportunities for networking and professional development in a welcoming and collegial environment.
Under the auspices of the Chamber of Commerce, the BWRT hosts monthly brown-bag lunch meetings, open to all Chamber members, on the third Thursday of every month.
Each of our monthly meetings features a guest speaker who presents to our group with topics on Life, Money, Health and Career. Click here to find the application to speak at one of our monthly meetings.
Each BWRT meeting features a Chamber Member Business and Nonprofit. Representatives are given several minutes to speak about their organization and are welcome to distribute materials on tables and chairs for our attendees. For more information on becoming a “Featured Chamber Nonprofit” at one of our meetings, contact contact the Chamber BWRT Liaison, Andrea Copeland-Whitsett.
BWRT members represent many diverse fields and professions, including large and small businesses, non-profits, real estate, banking, education, and many more. Ultimately, what binds our group together is the idea that camaraderie and professionalism can be mutually sustaining goals.
2019 Meeting Schedule
Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month from 12:30pm to 2pm. Our meeting location for 2019 is The Shops at Stonefield, 2020 Bond St., Charlottesville (meeting space next to Orvis).
- Thursday, February 21 – Quadruplicity 2019 Conference at Doubletree Charlottesville
- Thursday, March 21 – Click here to register
- Thursday, April 18 – Click here to register
- Thursday, May 16 – Click here to register
- June – Luncheon – Details to be announced
- Thursday, July 18 – Click here to register
- Thursday, August 15 – Click here to register
- Thursday, September 19 – Click here to register
- Thursday, October 17 – Click here to register
- Thursday, November 21 – Click here to register
- Thursday, January 16, 2020
2018 Chamber BWRT Executive Committee
- Virginia Newton, 2018 Chair; AAA Mid-Atlantic: VNewton@aaamidatlantic.com
- Ashley Cherrix, Social Chair; Ishan Gala Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susanna Blauch, Speaker Chair; American Cancer Society: email@example.com
- Devy Goradia, Community Outreach Chair; Accounting Solutions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashwati Nayar, BWRT Ambassador; Aloha Math: email@example.com
- Shannon Myers, BWRT Ambassador; Audacia Enterprises: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber: Andrea Copeland-Whitsett, 434.295.3078