Scheduled activities: Week of Aug. 24-28, 2015
CHARLOTTESVILLE — The following work is scheduled, weather permitting, on the Route 29 corridor in Albemarle County and the City of Charlottesville during the upcoming week. Speed limits may be reduced and traffic movements may be restricted within highway work zones.
(UPDATE) Route 29/250 Bypass interchange – Contractor is performing excavation work near the ramp and grading in the median. Motorists should be alert for equipment entering and exiting the highway.
- Sunday, Aug. 15 through Thursday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., the westbound Route 250 Bypass outside lane will be closed from Hydraulic Road to Barracks Road.
- Monday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., the southbound Route 29 right lane will be closed at the ramp to Route 250 Bypass west.
- Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., the westbound Route 250 Bypass outside lane will be closed from Hydraulic Road to Barracks Road.
- Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., intermittent left-turn lane and crossover closures will occur on Route 29 from Morton Drive to Hydraulic Road.
(UPDATE) Rio Road grade-separated intersection – Temporary crossovers and signals will be installed and utility relocation work continues in the vicinity of the Rio Road intersection. Monday through Friday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., alternating lanes closed on northbound and southbound Route 29 between Woodbrook Drive and Twentyninth Place Court.
(UPDATE) Route 29 widening – Survey work and installation of concrete barriers.
- Monday through Friday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., the Route 29 northbound left lane will be closed from Polo Grounds Road to North Hollymead Drive.
- Monday through Friday from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m., alternating Route 29 southbound lanes will be closed from Towncenter Drive to Polo Grounds Road.
(NEW) Adaptive traffic signal control system – Rebuilding signal at Berkmar Drive and Woodbrook Drive.
- On Monday and Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., the right-turn lane will be closed on southbound Berkmar Drive.
- Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., the right-turn lane will be closed on westbound Woodbrook Drive.
Route 631 (Rio Road) – Sunday through Friday from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m., line striping and finishing work will be done on East Rio Road from Route 29 to approximately 0.1 mile south of Hillsdale Drive. Motorists should be alert for lane closures and changes in the traffic pattern. Traffic through the work zone will be controlled and brief delays are likely.
More information about these projects, and other Route 29 Solutions projects, can be found on the project website, www.Route29Solutions.org. Information about other Culpeper District activities that will affect traffic is also available on Twitter at @VaDOTCULP and on VDOT’s website at: www.virginiadot.org/travel/travel_alerts/culpeper/default.asp.