The Board of Supervisors has appointed eight members to serve on the County’s newly created Citizens Resource Advisory Committee. The Board approved the concept of this Advisory Committee during the most recent budget process as they discussed the challenges faced by the County in funding future services, identifying the committee as an important way to involve citizens in determining the best ways to address this challenge.
The following individuals were appointed by the Board:
- Cole Hendrix – Former Charlottesville City Manager
- Mark Roberts – Managing Director, Alveraz and Marsal North America LLC
- Dennis Rooker – Former Albemarle Board of Supervisors Member, attorney
- Steve Runkle – Retired Developer/Real Estate III
- Leonard Sandridge – Retired University of Virginia Vice President/Chief Operating Officer
- J. Thomas Weaver – Retired Program Director/Buccaneer Data Services, LLC, CDAC Operations
- Roxanne White – Former Assistant County Executive, consultant
- Bernard Whitsett – CEO/Legacy Asset Management
“The role of the Citizens Resource Advisory Committee is to understand current and future funding challenges and service demands faced by the County and to develop a prioritized set of strategies to meet future resource needs for the Board’s consideration,” said County Executive Tom Foley. “We appreciate the willingness of these very experienced and accomplished citizens to work with us on developing approaches that will help address our funding challenge.”
The committee is expected to develop recommendations to be presented to the Board of Supervisors this fall. Meetings of the committee are open to the public; the first meeting is scheduled to be held on Thursday, July 16th, at 3:00 pm in Room 241 of the County Office Building on McIntire Road. For more information about this committee, visit www.albemarle.org/resourcecommittee.