Formed in 1985, the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association (LCAA) is an alumni organization for the graduates of the Leadership Charlottesville program. LCAA is dedicated to continuing the networking, learning, and community activities stimulated by its members’ participation in the Chamber program. There are over 980 graduates of Leadership Charlottesville, representing all facets of the community, with members from the public sector, private businesses of all sizes, and the non-profit sector. All alumni completed the Leadership Charlottesville program offered from September to April by the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce.
SAVE THE DATES!
- June 6, 730am: LCAA Board Leadership Planning Breakfast
- June-July: Sign up to help organize a fall LC session
- August 24, 530pm: Introduction of Class of 2018 at Chamber Let’s Connect
- December: LCAA Gives Back Holiday Event
Specifically, the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association strives to:
- Support the Leadership Charlottesville program of the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce by:
- Providing scholarships to Leadership Charlottesville participants
- Hosting a welcome reception for the new class at the start of the program
- Serving as advisors, planners and presenters for the weekly sessions held each fall
- Provide networking opportunities for graduates of the program to maintain and enhance their relationships with each other and the community by:
- Hosting Socials
- Hosting Educational Sessions
- Attending Chamber Events
- Promote awareness of and participation in community organizations.
- Click here to see the LCAA bylaws
You can support LCAA by:
- Making a monthly or annual contribution or paying annual dues for scholarships and events
- Serving on the LCAA Advisory Council
- Assisting on an LC fall planning session committee
- Keeping your contact information updated with the Chamber LCAA liaison
- Attending LCAA-hosted events. Bring your classmates!
- Including Leadership Charlottesvilleon your resume or business bio
LCAA Dues & Contributions:
In 2015, the LCAA Board of Directors decided that every participant of Leadership Charlottesville who has successfully completed the program is a member of the alumni association. Effective January 2016, all 950+ graduates of LC make up the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association. Because every graduate is now a member of the association, we did away with only the dues-paying members being the only graduates to receive information about all the happenings within LCAA. With the new set up, we’re now able to reach and connect with more LC alumni which gets us more support for the LC program, LCAA alumni events and LCAA-funded scholarships.
2017 LCAA Leadership Team:
- Olivia Branch
- Bill Brent
- Marlon Cerritos
- Andrea Copeland-Whitsett
- Devy Goradia
- Carolyn Saint
- Nareen Scott
- Tara Wisniewski
Chamber Liaison: Andrea Copeland-Whitsett email@example.com