Formed in 1985, the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association (LCAA) is an alumni organization for the graduates of the Leadership Charlottesville program. LCAA is dedicated to continuing the networking, learning, and community activities stimulated by its members’ participation in the Chamber program. There are over 980 graduates of Leadership Charlottesville, representing all facets of the community, with members from the public sector, private businesses of all sizes, and the non-profit sector. All alumni completed the Leadership Charlottesville program offered from September to April by the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce.
LCAA supports the Leadership Charlottesville (LC) program through:
- Providing scholarships to LC participants
- Hosting a welcome reception for the new class at the start of the program
- Servings as advisors, planners and presenters for the weekly sessions held each fall
- Recognizing an LC graduate for outstanding community service through the annual Leaders’ Leader Award
LCAA provides networking opportunities by:
- Hosting Quarterly Socials
- Hosting Quarterly Educational Sessions
- Attending Chamber Events
LCAA promotes awareness of and participation in community organizations in various ways, including:
- Partnering with community organizations
- Recognizing an LC graduate with the Leaders’ Leader award
- Participating in the annual United Way Day of Caring
- Participating in the annual Salvation Army Bell Ringing
Specifically, the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association strives to:
- Support the Leadership Charlottesville program of the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce;
- Provide networking opportunities for graduates of the program to maintain and enhance their relationships with each other and the community;
- Promote awareness of and participation in community organizations.
You can support LCAA by:
- Making a monthly or annual contribution or paying annual dues for scholarships and events
- Serving on the LCAA Board of Directors or assisting on an LC fall planning session committee
- Keeping your contact information updated
- Attending quarterly events. Bring your classmates!
- Including Leadership Charlottesville on your resume or business bio
LCAA Dues & Contributions:
In 2015, the LCAA Board of Directors decided that every participant of Leadership Charlottesville who has successfully completed the program is a member of the alumni association. Effective January 2016, all 950+ graduates of LC make up the Leadership Charlottesville Alumni Association. Because every graduate is now a member of the association, we did away with only the dues-paying members being the only graduates to receive information about all the happenings within LCAA. With the new set up, we’re now able to reach and connect with more LC alumni which gets us more support for the LC program, LCAA alumni events and LCAA-funded scholarships.
Below are options for you to contribute to LCAA. If your company or organization will only pay for or reimburse for membership dues, please pay via the LCAA dues option. Otherwise, select the donate button. We ask for a minimum of $25. Many of you this past year gave more than this and we’re grateful for your support.
Donate to LCAA:
Chamber Liaison: Andrea Copeland-Whitsett email@example.com