The Chamber Charlottesville Area Development Round Table (CADRe) is the new real estate & economic development round table within the Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce, formed to be partners with City of Charlottesville and Albemarle County government leaders, professional staff, Chamber member enterprises and the Greater Charlottesville area citizens, to promote and enhance effective and creative growth policies, implementation strategies and processes.
The CADRe Round Table members will meet quarterly to discuss current regional development policies and implementation issues and solutions.
- Our next CADRe meeting will be held on Friday, December 8 from 8:45-10:00 am at CitySpace
- Minutes from the previous CADRe meeting held on September 8 can be found here
Three CADRe working committees will meet monthly to address the following:
- CADRe Development Policy: advocating for enhancements and modifications to current local zoning regulations and design guidelines, in support of Charlottesville and Albemarle County growth plans and projects;
- CADRe Development Implementation: advocating for more effective streamlined processes for implementing thoughtful growth plans and projects; and,
- CADRe Development Communications: providing current information to Round Table members and to the general public on the region’s current growth policy and process issues and recommended actions.
The CADRe Round Table will be guided by an executive committee consisting of the co-chairs of each of the three working committees plus co-chairs of the Round Table who will administer the Round Table, interfacing with the committees and Chamber.
The initial CADRe Executive Committee members include:
CADRe Roundtable Co-Chairs:
Mark Kestner (Henningsen Kestner Architects)
Gregory Powe (Powe Studio Architects)
Development Policy Co-Chairs:
Ashley Davies (Williams Mullen)
Bruce Wardell (BRW Architects)
Development Implementation Co-Chairs: TBD
Bob Pineo (Design Develop LLC)
Susan Krischel (Hampshire Investments)