The Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Women’s Round Table (BWRT) was founded in 2004 to offer professional women in our region opportunities for networking and professional development in a welcoming and collegial environment.
Under the auspices of the Chamber of Commerce, the BWRT hosts monthly brown-bag lunch meetings, open to all Chamber members, on the third Thursday of every month.
Each of our monthly meetings features a guest speaker who presents our group with topics on Life, Money, Health and Career. Click here to find the application to speak at one our monthly meetings.
In addition to a sponsor, each BWRT meeting features a Chamber Member Nonprofit. A representative from the nonprofit is given 3 minutes to speak about their organization and is welcome to distribute materials on tables and chairs for our attendees. For more information on becoming a “Featured Chamber Nonprofit” at one of our meetings, contact BWRT Chair, Jessica Tiller, firstname.lastname@example.org
BWRT members represent many diverse fields and professions, including large and small businesses, non-profits, real estate, banking, education, and many more. Ultimately, what binds our group together is the idea that camaraderie and professionalism can be mutually sustaining goals.
2017 Meeting Schedule
***Please note: The location of these meetings has changed! BWRT meetings will now be held at City Space on the Downtown Mall, below the Market Street Parking Garage***
- January 19
- February 16
- March: no meeting
- April 20
- May 18
- June 15
- July 20
- August 17
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December 6
2017 Chamber BWRT Executive Committee
- BWRT Chair: Jessica Tiller, Estate Planning of Charlottesville: 434.219.9896 / email@example.com
- Chamber Liaison: Colleen Morrissey, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce: 434.295.3141 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Chair: Ashley Cherrix, Ishan Gala Foundation: 434.234.4464 / email@example.com
- Speaker Chair: Chuck Johnston, WVTF Radio: 919.610.8421 / WVTFsolutions@gmail.com
- Community Outreach Chair: Virginia Newton, AAA Mid-Atlantic: VNewton@aaamidatlantic.com
- Member at Large: Molly Akeel Crawford, Crawford & Crawford Residential Remodeling: 434.962.7295 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member at Large: Kim Martin, Carter Myers Automotive: 434.220.8906 / email@example.com
- Quadruplicity Co-Chair: Robin Martin-Lawson, Travinia Italian Kitchen: 434.960.4600
- Quadruplicity Co-Chair: Roxanne Carter-Johnston, Realtor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in a role on the BWRT Executive Committee? We are accepting applications for 2018 now. Click here to find role descriptions for the Executive Committee. Click here to fill out the online application and nomination form.