The Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce Business Women’s Round Table (BWRT) was founded in 2004 to offer professional women in our region opportunities for networking and professional development in a welcoming and collegial environment. Under the auspices of the Chamber of Commerce, the BWRT hosts monthly brown-bag lunch meetings, open to all Chamber members, on the third Thursday of every month.
Each of our monthly meetings features a guest speaker who presents our group with topics on Life, Money, Health and Career. Click here to find the application to speak at one our monthly meetings.
In addition to a sponsor, each BWRT meeting features a Chamber Member Nonprofit. A representative from the nonprofit is given 3 minutes to speak about their organization and is welcome to distribute materials on tables and chairs for our attendees. For more information on becoming a “Featured Chamber Nonprofit” at one of our meetings, contact BWRT Chair, Kim Martin at email@example.com
BWRT members represent many diverse fields and professions, including large and small businesses, non-profits, real estate, banking, education, and many more. Ultimately, what binds our group together is the idea that camaraderie and professionalism can be mutually sustaining goals.
2017 Meeting Schedule
***Please note: The location of these meetings has changed! BWRT meetings will now be held at City Space on the Downtown Mall, below the Market Street Parking Garage***
- January 19
- February 16
- March: no meeting
- April 20
- May 18
- June 15
- July 20
- August 17
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December Social: date TBD
Chamber BWRT Advancing Women Mentoring Program
The Chamber BWRT Advancing Women Mentoring Program provides an opportunity for emerging women professionals to be paired with a local mentor professional with the goal of facilitating professional development. The purpose of each mentor/mentee relationship is to have actionable steps that mentee can take to achieve their personal goals. Mentor/mentee pairs set their own schedules and typically meet monthly for an hour.
2016 Chamber BWRT Executive Committee
- BWRT Chair: Kim Martin, Carter Myers Automotive: 434.220.8906 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chamber Liaison: Dora Oliver, Charlottesville Regional Chamber of Commerce: 434.295.2808 / email@example.com
- Speaker Chair: Chuck Johnston, WVTF Radio: 919.610.8421 / WVTFsolutions@gmail.com
- Mentoring Co-Chair: Carolyn Cullen, UVa: 434.981.0177 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mentoring Co-Chair: Anne Gardner, CAAR: 434.817.2227 / email@example.com
- Social Chair: Robin Martin-Lawson, Travinia Italian Kitchen: 434.960.4600 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Quadruplicity Planning Chair: Virginia Newton, AAA Mid-Atlantic: VNewton@aaamidatlantic.com